So a few weeks ago, I started doing these Facebook Live makeup videos on my personal account, as testing ground for the videos we plan to air live on the Better Me Facebook page.
My first video was me doing my makeup as I was getting ready for a friend’s birthday dinner. I thought I’d make a blogpost to put it in detail. Here’s the video, with details down below:
- Prepped my face with MAC Charged Water Moisture Gel and put MAC Charged Water Eye Cream around my eyes.
- Did a light mist of MAC Fix+ as a primer.
- Foundation: MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation in NC30, using a Sigma F82 Round Kabuki Brush. Studio Waterweight is a very light formula, great for light-medium coverage. Satin finish, not matte.
- Concealer: MAC Select Coverup Concealer in NC30. Applied with my fingers and blended in with a Beauty Blender.
- To set: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC30 using a generic flat top brush. Also used Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Buff. Sprayed another layer of MAC Fix+.
- Primed eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyelid primer, using just a dot on each eyelid.
- For eyebrows: MAC Eye Brows pencil in Brunette, blended with a spoolie. Finished off with K-Palette Real Lasting Brow Mascara.
- Contoured with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil using a powder brush around the face, jawline and down the nose.
- For eyes, used the Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette. With a blending brush, applied Taupe on the crease. Light Bronze all over the lid. Espresso on the outer edge of the lid and blend it out. Added a bit of Deep Purple for added definition on top of the Espresso. Dab a bit of Espresso on the outer part of the lower lash line and blend it out towards the inner part. Go back with Taupe on the crease as a transition color. Dab a bit of Champagne on the inner part of the lid.
- Eyeliner: Browhaus Bi Liner on the upper and lower waterline. Upper lid lined with K-Palette 1-Day Magic Liquid Eyeliner pen.
- Curled lashes with a shu uemura eyelash curler and applied MAC Haute and Naughty mascara.
- Lips: Started off with a NYX Lipliner in Nude Pink topped with MAC Lipstick in Sandy B, but changed my mind and switched to MAC Lipstick in Sin. Topped it off with Buxom lip gloss in Berry Blast (not Duwop as I mentioned in the video, my bad).
- Blush: tarte 24-hour Amazonian Clay blush in Blushing Bride.
- Highlight: MAC Soft and Gentle.
In the video, there are tips and tricks that I mentioned as I went along, so if you have any comments or questions about those or any of the products, do comment and let’s talk about it! Hope you enjoyed this look as much as I loved doing it!